Monday May 29th
Jack Ziv-el called and said he was in Tel Aviv so we decided to meet for a late morning bite. I took a taxi to where he was and we spent a pleasant hour together. I told him I would walk the several miles back to the flat as the weather had cooled considerably. I negotiated several blocks when a car stopped and the driver yelled out "Harris?". It was Yair Barda. I asked where he was headed and he said to North Tel Aviv to have lunch with an old army buddy. I agreed to go along. After lunch they were to head north near Haifa so I would need to take a taxi back. His friend works security at the municipal airport where we picked him up. They chose a new Japanese restaurant. Unlike the Chinese restaurant, everyone working there was Asian. It was cool listening to the Asian waitress speak fluent Hebrew. They ate their sushi and I drank mayim (water). As always, the topic of conversation was centered upon events here in Israel. On the way to the restaurant Nachum had called. He had a meeting at the Hilton and wanted to see me before I left. I took a taxi to the Hilton and we met for an hour until his meeting began.
I had dinner with Sagi at a hole in the wall pasta bar a few blocks from the flat. It was very good.
Barda had asked me if I would be kind enough to give his ex girlfriend the keys she had left behind. I told him no problem and it was arranged she would pick them up around 11 pm. She was instructed to call me in order to advise her where I would be. I was sitting at the bar at Lucas with Sagi when she called at 10:45 to inform me she was just leaving Jerusalem. I told her to forget it as I did not wish to wait at least an hour. She asked about tomorrow and I said fine. She said how about 8 am. I asked if she could make it later and she asked if 8:15 was ok. I didn't argue. I told her to call when she got here and I would bring the keys down to her car. These Israelis are something.
Our Rabbi from Florida, Leonid Feldman arrived tonight from Russia with a group from the Congregation. I knew he was arriving in Jerusalem today and as prearranged left a message for him with the reservation desk. He said I must stay for Shavuot in Jerusalem. There will be at least 100,000 people walking the streets culminating in a concert with DuDu Fisher, a world renowned Cantor, whom Renay and I have seen several times. Rabbi Feldman said this is a once in a lifetime event and I should not miss it. So all of you who anxiously await my return, please be advised, I was fortunate to change my flight and will now return Saturday.
I had dinner with Sagi at a hole in the wall pasta bar a few blocks from the flat. It was very good.
Barda had asked me if I would be kind enough to give his ex girlfriend the keys she had left behind. I told him no problem and it was arranged she would pick them up around 11 pm. She was instructed to call me in order to advise her where I would be. I was sitting at the bar at Lucas with Sagi when she called at 10:45 to inform me she was just leaving Jerusalem. I told her to forget it as I did not wish to wait at least an hour. She asked about tomorrow and I said fine. She said how about 8 am. I asked if she could make it later and she asked if 8:15 was ok. I didn't argue. I told her to call when she got here and I would bring the keys down to her car. These Israelis are something.
Our Rabbi from Florida, Leonid Feldman arrived tonight from Russia with a group from the Congregation. I knew he was arriving in Jerusalem today and as prearranged left a message for him with the reservation desk. He said I must stay for Shavuot in Jerusalem. There will be at least 100,000 people walking the streets culminating in a concert with DuDu Fisher, a world renowned Cantor, whom Renay and I have seen several times. Rabbi Feldman said this is a once in a lifetime event and I should not miss it. So all of you who anxiously await my return, please be advised, I was fortunate to change my flight and will now return Saturday.

3 Comments:
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
is that yair barda from the real estate company?
Post a Comment
<< Home