Friday, May 19, 2006

May 18-Moshe the Mishugana

Slept til 9 and then messed around til 11. A new restaurant opened in the building named Lucas where I had a wonderful breakfast. It is open 8 a.m. until 4 a.m. Beautiful, modern facility with a French inspired menu. So I can roll downstairs for any of the 3 meal times and also a very nice bar for late at night. They have a free hotspot so I can take the laptop there. I met the manager who is very nice. There is no English menu, but, they all speak English.

After breakfast I took the 20 minute walk to Yair's office as I had a few legal issues to go over. I had earlier called among many people Nachum Katz who is the director of the Village Renay and I are involved with. It is a school for at risk children which I have written about extensively. For further information refer to previous blogs, if interested. Nachum said he would like to see me and would drive the 45 minutes to Tel Aviv. We arranged he would call me on his way. He called while I was at Yair's office and I asked him to pick me up at the corner of Rothschild and Shenkin. After a few minutes of discussing where we would eat and unable, as usual, to find a parking spot I suggested we go to my building where I have a parking space and eat at Lucas where I had breakfast. We discussed Buddy who was a mutual friend and unfortunately recently passed. He inquired as to how Joan, Buddy's wife was doing. He has also had some very serious personal family issues this past year, but, is optimistic they will come out of it. We had a nice lunch and promised to see each other again.

It was time to get serious and get some rest. So I decided to take a nap. It was around 4 when Moshe called and asked if I would like to have dinner together. I told him it would have to be early as I had a big walk Friday morning and had to be in Ra'anana by 7:15. He asked if 7:30 was ok (that is early by Israeli standards). I agreed and told him to call me when he was ready. At 7 he awoke me and said he would be at my place by 7:30 (translation: no earlier than 8). Moshe said I should pick the restaurant as I am the expert for food and beverage in Tel Aviv, which is difficult for me to disagree with. Knowing that he probably wouldn't get to me before 8 and with an early rising the next morning I said come to Lucas so I could have my 3rd meal there for the day. May as well find out how dinner is. Moshe asked if they took reservations. I had no idea and at that point didn't know the name of the place. I told him I would go down and wait for him and if there was a problem would call. I asked how many we would be and he replied "With you, 15". Needless to say I was not amused. He has no clue. I went down and was able to work it out. He showed up with the entire contingency from Minnesota so i had a chance to meet them and found them all to be very nice. In the middle of the meal Moshe announced he had to go to Herziliya to pay someone and he would be back in 40 minutes, he was putting me in charge and I should show them the apartment. I immediately started a pool as to when he would get back giving substantial odds for under 40. No takers.

They all loved the apartment and as soon as they left I went to bed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home