Friday May 26th
Went to the Yemenite section to meet with artists at a real, real Yemenite restaurant. I could have been in Iraq, Lebanon et. al. 60 years ago. The food was wonderful. Assorted characters sat with us. An artist who makes lamps who does not like to talk, a painter who never shuts up and a lady who can heal you by speaking to the dead.
Then went to the Professor's house. Dr. Yoav Yalon, who I met on trip to Jordan is an expert on middle east affairs at Tel Aviv University. He is left of left of left. I sure do vary my friends here. But that's how I learn. We struggled with the heat while this genius tried to figure how to turn his air conditioner on. He is extremely smart and a pleasure to talk to. He, Sagi and myself conversed for about an hour and then walked over to Dizengoff Street for a bite. Got back to the flat about 8. Moshe called at 9:30 and informed he was at Lucas downstairs and would I care to join him and Karin for dinner. I went down and sat with them until they finished.
Then went to the Professor's house. Dr. Yoav Yalon, who I met on trip to Jordan is an expert on middle east affairs at Tel Aviv University. He is left of left of left. I sure do vary my friends here. But that's how I learn. We struggled with the heat while this genius tried to figure how to turn his air conditioner on. He is extremely smart and a pleasure to talk to. He, Sagi and myself conversed for about an hour and then walked over to Dizengoff Street for a bite. Got back to the flat about 8. Moshe called at 9:30 and informed he was at Lucas downstairs and would I care to join him and Karin for dinner. I went down and sat with them until they finished.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home