May 21-22
These 2 days I took it easy. Tried to live like a true Tel Avivian. So there isn't much to report that is exciting. I shall add a few thoughts I forgot in previous posts as they come to mind. I went to the beautiful spa here, swam in the pool and walked and walked and walked. I wanted to scope out the hood and learn my way around. I explored streets I had never been on, browsed the shops and made mental notes of where everything is located. Every couple of hours I stopped at an outside cafe and as I enjoyed my coffee I took in all the glorious moments this country offers, observed the people in wonder as they go about their lives in a normal fashion despite the obvious tension. I was able to finish a wonderful book, The Oster Conspiracy of 1938. This book was sent to me by the author, Terry Parssinen, Professor of History at the University of Tampa, whom I met at my nephew Josh's graduation. This is a very important book. Oster was in the German military and was anti Nazi as were many other in the military as well as civilians. Oster saw early on Hitler's intentions and was instrumental in organizing a plot to assasinate him in 1938. It was all set and would have been accomplished, but for the policy of appeasement promulgated by the British, led by its Prime Minister Nevelle Chamberlain regarding Hitler's move against Czechoslovakia. If the assasination was successful most likely the Nazis would have been overthrown and World War 2 would have been averted. He saw Hitler for what he was and uncannily predicted what would happen. He opined it was better to lose relatively few lives than to lose many more later.There was one Brit who stood alone. He predicted the fate of the world if Britain did not stand up to Hitler. He was villified and scorned. Of course, he was correct. His name was Winston Churchill. Today we have a similar situation, the way I view it. Islam which unequivocally advocates imposing its beliefs on us and ruling the world. Iran is stalling for time like Hitler did. And what do we have today. Appeasement from the Europeans, many Americans and other sorts while Iran races to make nucleur weapons and medium to long range missiles. What is the world thinking? And this Iranian nut wants to meet with Bush. Some of Bush's advisors are telling him to consider this. I pray he doesn't. Don't the Europeans understand that they will be targeted? I know we can defend ourselves and take out Iran if necessary. I am not sure the Euros have the abilty. Bush, like Churchill stands alone and is detested by many. For a supposed brief post I am ranting.
I had to get my internet straight and dealing with HOT (the cable company) makes Comcast and Adelphia look good. Finally accomplished same on Monday.
On Monday Sagi finished his work helping a group that included The Bronfman family and Mr. & Mrs. Saks of department store fame. He called to informe me he was on his way back to Tel Aviv from Jerusalem and we met at 11:30 for some drinks (that's about the time things start to hop here). Usually when I am here we see each other every day. This was the 1st time except for the wedding we could talk.
I had to get my internet straight and dealing with HOT (the cable company) makes Comcast and Adelphia look good. Finally accomplished same on Monday.
On Monday Sagi finished his work helping a group that included The Bronfman family and Mr. & Mrs. Saks of department store fame. He called to informe me he was on his way back to Tel Aviv from Jerusalem and we met at 11:30 for some drinks (that's about the time things start to hop here). Usually when I am here we see each other every day. This was the 1st time except for the wedding we could talk.

2 Comments:
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home